While if using your laptop by plug in the power cable, then don’t remove your battery. First, disconnect the cable and then remove it safely. If you wonder, if removing a laptop battery is beneficial, then you may need to know its better to keep in it in the laptop instead of removing it.
Should laptop batteries be removed when not in use
Removing the laptop battery has not many advantages, but only in case you have to travel and want to save battery. In this condition, charge your laptop battery fully and extracts from the laptop.
Let’s find out the ways to remove the battery then will go with its benefits.
First, you need to turn upside down your laptop, where you can locate the battery. Then remove it carefully by sliding the latches to the opposite sides to free the battery.
Keep holding the locks until the battery is removed; in some laptops, it pops out from the computer, but in some cases, you need to remove it.
How do you take the battery out of a laptop
Most of the laptops have two latches, but few have one lock to remove the battery out of the device. The clamps help to slide out the laptop’s battery or keep it firm in the network while using it.
They are usually forced opposite to each other when removing the battery. There are some older machines like IBM laptops that have a removable battery with latches to remove and pushed back the laptop’s battery.
Where is the battery release latch on a laptop?
If you are unable to find any fasteners under the laptop, then it may have a different mechanism to release the battery. So you should not try to remove it forcefully but to take it to some service centre to remove the battery by disassembling it.
You must have the warranty card of your laptop before taking it to the manufacturer’s shop to claim the warranty. Otherwise, you may need to pay extra charges.
Removing the laptop battery to increase its life
Personally, I don’t like removing my laptop battery, because most of the time my laptop plugged into the power supply with a fully charged battery. When your laptop produces heat, this can shorten your battery life as it is not suitable using for that long-time, which causes heating the battery.
As far as battery drain concern, the smartest thing is to do is put it on power saver. It may also be draining or recharging the battery as it runs.
This is why you need to remove your laptop battery to increase its life. This is one of the benefits of removing the laptop battery. It is a good practice while your computer ran on AC power when you needed the battery to rush out somewhere.
If you think you really don’t need to go anywhere for the next week, then shut it down, remove the battery and stick to the AC power. Do not forget the thing you must not transfer your battery when your laptop is connected to the power supply.
But most of the time, if you use your laptop without connecting it to power, then you must keep your battery in the laptop it’s better for you.
There are other possibilities to consider, like if you’re living in an area where electricity drops off often; then you should keep your battery in the laptop and keep it charged. Or you have to invest in UPS, which is an Uninterruptible Power Supply.
Benefits of keeping the battery in a laptop
There are benefits of keeping your laptop battery in the device instead of removing it and keep it out of the machine:
- Your laptop battery will be fully charged when it is connected to the charger and will allow the battery to work properly.
- You may have a battery backup in critical situations like power outages and brownouts for a long time. You would not lose any data because of switching it to the battery back up option, which saves your battery from falling off.
- Even when the battery is fully charged, leaving it on AC power would not damage your battery by overcharging. Though with time, your laptop battery will decrease its charging ability to 30% of it’s the first ones like every laptop has.
- It is safe to remove your laptop’s battery while it is a plugin, but be sure not to remove the battery when the computer is on and not plugged into the AC supply. It may cause damage because sudden power loss is not suitable for machines or operating systems.
- You can even face severe problems like damage to hard drive or also using the laptop on AC power, and you accidentally jerked out the cord will cause damage to your system. So it’s better to keep your battery in the computer instead of removing it and take the risk of damaging the system. It could prolong your battery’s life but can risk the system.
Mostly in the latest models of laptops, batteries are not-removable and kept inside the chassis. So, sometimes you need to unscrew the panel to remove the battery or disassemble the laptop that would be rather a challenging task.
It could also void your laptop warranty. There are few models exist which cannot be even turn on without functioning battery. So distinguishing the benefits of removing laptop battery with keeping it in can be assumed in the right way by reading this article.
Keep visiting LaptopsChamp for best laptops 2020 reviews, buying guides and latest tips about laptops.