Are you looking for the best laptop that converts to a tablet? If yes, this article will help you make an informed choice. Gone are the days when you have to use two different devices for your daily tasks. The era of 2-in-1 laptops has changed everything.
|Top||Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop, 14 inches Full HD IPS Touch, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Backlit KB, Fingerprint Reader, Rechargeable Active Stylus, SP314-53N-77AJ||See Price|
|Top||Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – 13.5" Touch-Screen – Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive (Latest Model) – Matte Black||See Price|
|Top||Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14-Inch HD (1366 X 768) Touchscreen Display, Intel Pentium Gold 5405U, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB NVMe SSD, Windows 10, 81SQ000EUS, Onyx Black||See Price|
|Top||Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible, 11.6-Inch HD Touch, Intel Celeron N3150, 4GB DDR3L, 32GB, CB5-132T-C1LK, Denim White||See Price|
Now, you can eliminate the inconvenience of carrying two devices. A single device is all you need. But finding the right device can be very challenging. It is why we have spent the last 48 hours researching the best laptop that converts to a tablet.
Best laptop that converts to tablet
Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop
Unleash your creativity with the Convertible Acer Spin-3 Laptop and make your life easier. Packed full of features, this laptop is versatile and fast. It comes with high-level specifications such as 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U processor 1.8 GHz with a turbo speed technology of up to 4.8 GHz, 14-inch Full HD with wide-screen LED backlight IPS multi-touch display.
Other features include Intel UHD Graphics 620, 16GB DDR4 memory card, built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphones, fingerprints, and HD webcam.
This dual-band laptop has an unparalleled mobile performance to deliver on your computing needs.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor (Up to 3 7GHz) | 8GB LPDDR4 Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display | Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802 11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Up to 12 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3 1 Type C port (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB-C Thunderbolt 3 USB Charging DC-in 2 - USB 3 2 Gen 1 ports (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 - HDMI 2 0 port
- Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1 0
- Its battery life is decent enough at 6hours of continuous use
- Its performance is decent. You will be able to carry out all the tasks that you would expect with this laptop
- It has a good set of speakers
- It does not easily heat up and stays cool even after prolonged use
- It has a bright, clear, and well-saturated display with vibrant colors
- It comes loaded with bloatware that you will have to take your time and uninstall
- The build could be better, it looks a little plastic and cheap
- Top performance – The Acer Spin boasts of uncompromising performance. Efficiency is well optimized with an 8th generation CPU, a 12 hours battery timing, 16GB DDR4 memory, and 512 PCIe SSD.
- Robust wireless – The Spin 3 has a quick-connect wireless system. It offers faster wireless speed and connects to multiple devices at once with the dual-band 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5) and the MU-MIMO technology.
- Fingerprints – Amongst other security features, the fingerprint technology caps it up. The fingerprints stop unauthorized access to your computer.
- Excellent sound – The built-in speakers provide ear-worthy sounds. There is clear sound in all the modes.
- Lithium-ion battery – The lithium-ion battery has a long battery life of up to 12 hours.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
Make a resounding statement with the Microsoft Surface 3 Laptop and increase your creativity. The sleek design makes it an appealing laptop. Its functionality helps you improve productivity.
Do more with the Windows 10 Home operating system. The laptop comes with an excellent configuration for excellent performance. It comes with features Intel Core i5, 256GB, and 8BB RAM. It is an outstanding laptop for multitasking.
Choose from a combination of four colors to suit your style. There is platinum, cobalt blue, sandstone, and matte black. Enjoy better connectivity with both the USB-C and USB-A ports. With 11 hours of battery life, you can work for a long time uninterrupted.
- Clean, Elegant Design: Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: new Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum. Aspect ratio - 3:2
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors: Surface Laptop 3 is up to 2 times faster than Surface Laptop 2
- More ways to connect, with USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- All day power on the go, with up to 11.5 hours of battery life, Plus standby time when you’re away, Go from empty to a full battery with fast charging up to 80 percent in about 1 hour
- Sleek Design
- Speedy Processors
- USB-C Port
- Fast-Charging Feature
- Mediocre Battery Life
- Priced Aggressively
- Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Amd Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Six-speaker system with force-canceling woofers
- Connectivity – Enjoy secure connectivity to your displays, docking station, and many more with the USB-C and USB-A ports. When it comes to wireless connectivity, the Intel version comes with the latest Wi-Fi 6 while the AMD comes with an older and slower release.
- High-speed performance – There is no lag with Surface Laptop 3. The system is bursting with the speed with a corei5 processor making it twice faster than its predecessor, the Surface Laptop 2.
- Battery-life – It is 11 hours of continuous usage with enough standby time when you are away. The fast-charging advantage gives you 80% in just an hour.
Lenovo Flex Convertible Laptop
Do more in less time with the Lenovo Flex Convertible Laptop and improve your productivity. The 2-in-1 laptop features a 14-inch touchscreen to enhance your creativity, entertainment, and comfort.
The device is bursting with the speed with the Intel Premium Gold 5405U, 4GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB NVMe SSD. Its top-level performance makes multitasking super easy. With Windows 10 operating system, the security of your data is well guaranteed no matter the circumstances.
The luxury of 8 hours of battery life allows you to accomplish more tasks without worrying about power. The rapid charging technology makes the battery charge up to 80% within an hour. With a 720 HD webcam, you can take vivid and stunning pictures.
- The 14" Hd (1366 x 768), 220 nits, 10-point touchscreen display is ideal for productivity or Creativity, while the Intel Pentium gold 5405U Processor is fast and responsive.
- With up to 8 hours of battery life, The Flex 14 enables you to work, play, and stay in the loop all day, from anywhere. Recharge Technology lets you recharge your multimode PC up to 80% in just 1 hour.
- Stay connected with WLAN Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in. The Flex 14 notebook also includes 2 USB ports, 1 USB-C port, a card reader, HDMI port, and audio jack.
- Write, draw, or sketch directly onto the Flex 14's touch screen. With a digital pen (available separately), you can capture moments of inspiration or take notes on the fly.
- The convenient true block privacy shutter lets you physically close your PC's webcam whenever you're not using it.
- Versatile and functional
- Windows 10 operating system
- Ideal for multitasking
- Lightweight and sleek
- Immersive screen display
- No backlit
- The processor is not of 8th generation
- Games are a little bit slow
- Increased productivity
- Decent battery life
- Easy connectivity
- Increased productivity – The Intel Pentium Gold 5405U processor ensures there is no lag. It provides you with fast and responsive performance whether in laptop mode or tablet mode while the 14-inch HD 10-point touchscreen display enhances productivity and creativity
- Decent battery life – The 8 hours battery time guarantees decent work and playtime on the system. 80% charge up in one hour means continuous usage for a longer time.
- Easy connectivity – Connect with ease with the built-in WLAN Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and stay connected all day long. The notebook has two USB ports; one USB-C port, a card reader, an HDMI port, and an audio jack.
Acer Chromebook R11 2020 Convertible Laptop
If you are looking for an affordable 2-in-1 convertible laptop, this laptop is your best bet. The Acer Chromebook is not only stylish and elegant on the outside, but it is also rich in features on the inside.
Its features include an Intel Celeron N3150 quad-core processor 1.6GHz with an Intel burst technology of up to 2.08GHz, 11.6-inch HD widescreen display with backlit, Intel HD graphics, 4GB DDR3L memory, 32GB internal memory, and SD card reader.
It also features dual-band MIMO technology that delivers improved Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in Bluetooth, and an HD webcam. The appealing design makes it a lovely gadget with a lot of attraction.
Its premium aluminum cover using the Acer nano-imprint technology creates a metallic finish that gives you a comfortable grip of the computer with an excellent look and feel.
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required)
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.Connectivity:802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- Intel Celeron N3150, 11.6 inch HD Touch Display, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC, Up to 10-hour Battery Life, Convertible Laptop; Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 45 Watt
- Sleek and compact
- Lighter operating system
- Fast and responsive
- Enjoy Google apps
- 100GB Google Drive space
- No built-in mobile connectivity
- Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8550U Processor (Quad Core, up to 4.0 GHz, 8M Cache)
- 13.3 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge touch display | Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8GB LPDDR3 2133MHz Memory | 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive
- Widescreen HD (720p) webcam, Windows Hello compliant | Power button integrated fingerprint reader
- Killer 1435 WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 with Bluetooth | Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Fast connection – Featuring the latest MIMO 802.11ac wireless technology, the Acer Chromebook R11 delivers top speed when you connect to the internet allowing for a great video streaming experience. The three-time speed is better than older technologies.
- Chrome OS – The laptop runs smoothly on the Chrome operating system designed by Google. The OS comes with a robust built-in antivirus to keep your files safe and secure. Updates are automatically done.
- Battery life – Work for almost a whole day with 10 hours battery life. There is less power consumption due to its 45 wattage.
- Offline storage – The Chromebook guarantees offline access to your essential files. It allows for storage on Google Drive of up to 100GB to back up your most important data.
- Google Playstore – Chromebook provides all the advantages you enjoy on your Android device. With Playstore, you have access to rich apps, games, magazines, music, movies, and many more.
Best Laptop That Converts To Tablet – Buying Guide
If buying the best laptop that converts to a tablet is your priority, you will need to follow our guide to choosing the ideal laptop suited for you. 2-in-1 laptops offer a lot of functionality that the traditional laptop does not offer. Here are the tips to know before buying a convertible laptop.
Size: Choose the extent that is perfect for you. If you are a student, you will need a laptop with a widescreen. Size also matters to movie lovers. A large screen laptop makes the presentation easier without the use of a projector.
Detachable or bendable:
Convertible laptops come in two different designs. It can be removable or bendable. If you enjoy working in tablet mode where the environment is touchscreen-based, then, what you need is a detachable laptop.
When detached, the device can be used with a separate keyboard to give you the experience of a standard laptop. But if you will like to type documents regularly, you will need the bendable or the rotating binge laptop.
Processor and specs:
Computer performance is about the processor and the specifications. So, if you want to enjoy a 2-in-1 laptop, you must go for a higher spec for a wonderful experience.
The most top-spec is the Intel corei7 or m7. The difference between the two is that the m7 has a longer battery life but is slower. M7 requires no fans for its cooling while Corei7 is faster and uses fans for the cooling of the system.
There are lower models considered as very decent such as the Core i3, i5, m3, and m5 processors. These models are pocket-friendly. Other CPUs include Intel Celeron and Atom. These are far cheaper models with lower performance. They are best for basic tasks like checking emails, browsing the web, and watching online videos on YouTube and Netflix.
Random Access Memory (RAM):
4GB is the right RAM for the most convertible laptop but 8GB RAM will be faster and more responsive.
The affordable 2-in-1 laptops usually come with 1366 x 768 resolutions, but it is recommended you go for a higher resolution like 1920 x 1080 Full HD for vivid details.
The higher resolution gives you better image quality. There is a higher resolution ideal for people who handle photos and videos. You can choose the 2560 x 1440 pixel quad-HD or the 3840 x 2160 ultra HD displays. Ultra HD supports 4K contents.
The only problem with higher resolution computers is that they consume more power. So, it makes sense to check out the battery life before making the purchase.
There is a 2-in-1 laptop that fits into your budget. The price ranges from $250 to $2500. Prices go up with higher specifications. Look for something within range and affordable for you.
We have spent the last 48 hours researching the best laptop that converts to a tablet. Our recommendations will help you make the right choice. To enjoy top performance, we recommend you go for the Convertible Acer Spin 3 Laptop for its speed and responsiveness.
The high performance of the Acer Spin 3 stands it out from the crowd. The other recommendation is the Surface Laptop 3 for its functionality and sleek design. Any of these two laptops will be a wise choice.