How to Change HDMI Output to Input on Laptop?
You were playing PUBG with your friends on your new PS4 and enjoying it thoroughly when suddenly a ball from the nearby playground came flying through the window and crashed the LCD.
After having a dozen of rage fits and panic attacks, now you’re thinking to continue your game. Since LCD is broken and buying a new one so soon is out of your budget, so the only thing you can think of is to connect the PS4 with a cable to your laptop somehow.
How to Change HDMI Output to Input on Laptop?
The first thing you’ll do, after finding the HDMI cable you should search the web for ‘How to change HDMI output to input on laptop” that is a most important query that people are looking for, Well the answer is No.
You can’t do that. The only possible solution is to buy a new LCD or find a nearby monitor with an HDMI input to connect your PS4.
No matter what the purpose is, it is a fact that most of the laptops have HDMI output port only, there’s no input port nor can you change the output one into an input one.
Are you among those, who don’t know what an HDMI output and an input are? Are you stumble here after multiple failures to connect your ps4 or any other device for that matter to your laptop? Well, you have come to the right place.
Ignorance may be bliss, but that shouldn’t be the case in the matter of technology. You should know what HDMI output and input is and why you aren’t able to connect the device to your laptop.
I’ll start with the most basic thing.
Well, consider this: You want to watch an action thriller with your friends and have downloaded it on your laptop. But the small screen of the laptop isn’t doing justice with the amazing adventurous and thrilling video.
What will be the first solution in your mind? The solution would be to connect the laptop with your brand new Tv set so that you can easily enjoy the movie with your friends. How can you do it?
Usually, the easier way is to connect your laptop and the tv with a cable. This cable is known as HDMI cable or simple HDMI. HDMI means multimedia interface of high definition. It enables us to transmit audio and video files from one device to another without compressing or compromising the quality.
Standard HDMI Cable Lengths
HMDI Cable is available in different sizes, you can buy it online according to your requirements and needs. Standard HDMI cable lengths are 3 ft, 6ft, 10ft, and 15 feet.
A 3Ft HDMI cable manufactured by INSTEN has advanced digital high speed. This 3Ft long HDMI cable can be used for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox. INSTEN introduce this cable with gold-plated connectors, molded strain-relief, and Mylar-foil shielding.
High-Quality material is used in this cable to provide the best contact connection for HDMI equipment. It has the ability to support up to 1080 pixels and also allows 10.2 GB per second transfer speed. View on Amazon
What is the HDMI Output?
Well, the port on your laptop to which you attach the HDMI to watch the movie on your tv is known as HDMI output.
It is simply an outgoing transmission. As the name suggests it just sends an audio or video file out of the said device into a receiving device. It can’t receive an audio or video file.
That’s why you weren’t able to use your laptop screen for PS4 because most of the laptops only have an HDMI output port. HDMI input is absent and since it’s configured this way you can’t change the output one into input one.
What is the HDMI Input?
The port on a device through which it receives the audio and video file from another device via HDMI connection is known as HDMI input. And just like an output can’t be changed into an input. Similarly, you can’t change HDMI input into HDMI output.
|You can also know: How to Call from laptop Using Mobile Phone Bluetooth in our next article.|
How to configure HDMI?
The configuration of this mechanism is straightforward. The most important thing, you have to check the compatibility of the devices to be linked with an HDMI cable.
To do this, the user must look at the input and output ports of the equipment to see if the specific one of this connection is found.
Later, to explain the installation and facilitate its understanding, we will rely on a practical case: linking a computer and a television.
The first step is to have a connector cable with two HDMI inputs, one of which will be inserted into the TV and the other into the equipment.
Later, in the TV menu, the input source is selected, which is available in “Input” or “Source” style buttons. Once chosen, we can enjoy the content on our TV.
Types of HDMI connectors:
HDMI connectors can be classified into several types:
- HDMI type A. It is the most common and consists of 19 pins. This, likewise, is compatible with DVI equipment.
- HDMI type B. It is prepared for future screens with higher resolution, although its use has not yet been generalized. It has 29 pins.
- HDMI type C. It has 19 pins and is a mini version of type A, so it is designed for portable devices, such as cameras or tablets, among others.
- HDMI type D. It is the micro version of type A and, also with 19 pins, has been designed for more compact equipment, such as smartphones.
Now before moving forward to the question of how to change HDMI output to input on laptop? It is most important to explain HDMI Versions:
The evolution of technology has also reached, of course, the HDMI standard and since its creation and modifications have been successive to improve its capabilities. Therefore, we can find all the following versions:
- HDMI 1.0 (2002). It is a unique digital connection cable that operates at a maximum speed of 4.9 Gbps. Supports resolutions of 1,800p in 60 GHz bandwidths.
- HDMI 1.2 (2005). It allows the support for One Bit Radio up to eight channels and introduces the availability of type A for PC connectors.
- HDMI 1.3 (2006). Its bandwidth reaches 340 MHz, and its transfer rate is 10.2 Gbps. Adds support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, audio formats used in HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. Establish a new mini-connector for cameras.
- HDMI 1.4 (2009). It can transmit 4K resolutions and supports 3D video. Enter an audio return channel. It allows sending and receiving data through an Ethernet connection.
- HDMI 2.0 (2013). Increase the bandwidth of up to 18 Gbps. The audio quality improves considerably by supporting 32 channels and 1,536 kHz. The 4K is modernized and the 2.0, in this sense, allows to obtain up to 60 frames per second.
What is HDMI CEC?
Transmitting audio and video between two devices is not only possible through a cable but also has another very interesting possibility for handling equipment: the HDMI CEC.
This consists of the control of the connected devices using a single remote control, CEC the acronym of Consumer Electronics Control.
However, according to the manufacturer, this technology can receive different names. So, we have Sony calling it the Bravia Sync Theater; Samsung, Anynet +; Panasonic, Bravia Linc or EZsync; Pioneer, HDMI Control; and LG, SimpLink.
In spite of the multiple denominations, the operation is the same: the system detects the connected devices and configures them to be able to manage them with the same remote control.
You know all about HDMI output, HDMI input, and types and versions of HDMI connectors. You can easily connect your laptop with your tv or projector without the fear of getting lost in the wires.
There is another benefit of knowing all this stuff. That in case of any problem you can easily take help from the web without getting lost in the terminology. Good luck in the future.
Today’s question of how to change HDMI output to input on laptop was asked by our regular reader through commenting, so I explain with details.
If you have any query related to this topic or something else, just post your reply below. It will be our great pleasure to assist you.
Good Luck & Keep Visiting – LaptopsChamp
- How to Remove Laptop Stickers without Damaging them?
- How many watts does a laptop use when charging
- Uses of laptop in our daily life
- How Much Storage Do I Need On My Laptop
- Why is My Laptop Running So Slowly
- How to Track a Stolen Laptop Without Tracking Software – New Methods 2019
- Hackintosh Laptop Buying Guide
- How to remove laptop stickers without damaging them?
- Cool Things to Do With a Laptop