Can you stream Netflix from laptop to TV? Let’s get right to it. Streaming Netflix from a laptop or phone is cool but the screens are a lot smaller than your TV screen.
However, there is a way to stream Netflix directly to your TV. That way you can watch Netflix and also be on your phone at the same time. Or just watch Netflix without getting distracted.
Modern televisions are only getting bigger and better. That’s why you probably want to watch your favorite Netflix series and movies on better quality. I mean that’s why you bought the television, right?
Anyways you can find every device explained with a step by step plan to connect it to your TV.
Since Netflix doesn’t offer a streaming service or any magic tool, you might have to buy a streaming device. These can be ranging anywhere from really cheap to pretty expensive, depending on what you need.
From Apple TV to Roke Stick and Chromecast, we’ll be covering all three of them.
All you’ll have to worry about after reading this article is getting the right snacks.
Yes, you can stream Netflix from laptop to TV and there different options to do this, depending on the devices you want to connect.
No smart tv? No problem you can connect your laptop to the tv with a simple HDMI cable you might be able to find somewhere.
Both Apple and Android devices can connect to your TV to stream Netflix.
For Apple devices, you’ll need to connect with a smart tv or Apple TV. With a Smart TV, you can directly stream Netflix without any cables.
You can also use a Chromecast or Apple TV device to stream content from your phone or laptop to the tv.
We will discuss all scenarios and outline each scenario step by step.
There’re a lot of different streaming devices in the market to stream Netflix from your laptop a TV. We’ve chosen the best ones and made a step by step plan on how to install these devices so you can watch Netflix from your couch.
Don’t worry about the costs of these devices. The experience of convenience makes up for the one time cost.
This guide is for all devices, from Apple to Microsoft and Android.
At the bottom of the page, we’ll sum up all the arguments so that you can decide for yourself which device(s) suit you best.
How to stream Netflix from laptop to TV?
If you don’t own a Smart TV, don’t be somber. You can still stream Netflix from your laptop to the TV. The only thing you’ll need is an HDMI cable that you can buy from anywhere. Here’s how you do it:
- Buy an HDMI cable
- Turn on and connect your laptop and TV with the HDMI cable
- Make sure you select the right channel on your TV. Either HDMI 1,2 or 3.
It could take a moment before the screen shows up.
- Press the Windows key + P or go to your settings > system >display and mirror or duplicate your screen to show up on the TV.
- On an Apple device press Command + F1.
- If that doesn’t work, go to your menu, which you find in the upper left corner.
Click > displays > mirror displays
- Now your screen will be mirrored from your laptop to the tv. Your laptop needs to stay on to keep mirroring the screen
- If you don’t want to keep your laptop on, you can buy a smart tv. Which will make an HDMI cable unnecessary. You can find a smart tv for a pretty good price these days.
Stream Netflix from Macbook or iPhone TV
It’s not that hard. I’ll guide you right through with these easy steps that even a 5-year old could understand.
- Connect your Apple device (either Macbook, Ipad or iPhone) with the same Wifi network as your smart TV or Apple TV.
- Open the Netflix application on your phone or laptop and TV.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen and select the Cast pictogram.
- Select your TV that you want it to stream from.
- Now just kick your feet up, lay back, grab a bag of chips and watch your favorite Netflix movie or show.
If you have a problem connecting your Apple device, always check if you’re logged into your Netflix account on the TV you’re trying to stream.
This step only works if your TV supports this option. If not, you’ll have to use an HDMI cable to connect your devices and stream Netflix.
Also, check if you’re selecting the right HDMI channel on your TV. If your TV screen doesn’t show anything, you probably have the wrong channel.
Try one HDMI channel, then wait if anything shows up on your TV or not. If yes, don’t change anything and remember the HDMI channel, so you don’t have to search for it next time.
How to stream Netflix from Apple Macbook to TV without Apple TV?
Without Apple TV, you have two options: either with a connector or a smart TV.
If you’re already using a lot of Apple products, you might not mind investing in an Apple TV. But for the same amount, you might as well add a few hundred and buy a decent smart tv. Nonetheless, here are the steps you have to take:
- Buy a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter if your Macbook doesn’t support this.
- Press Command + F1 to mirror displays or go to settings > displays > mirror displays.
- Don’t forget to select the right HDMI channel.
How to stream Netflix from Android device to TV?
It’s pretty much the same with an Apple device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Connect your Android device (phone, laptop or tablet) to the same Wifi network as your TV.
- Open the Netflix app and find the Cast icon or go to settings > display > cast > select your TV.
- Now you should be able to see your screen mirrored onto the tv screen.
How to stream Netflix from Chromecast to a TV?
You can buy a Chromecast or Roku stick and stream content like Netflix wirelessly to your TV. No hassle with cables and a clean look. Follow the steps to ensure a successful installation of your wireless Chromecast or Roku device.
- Connect the Chromecast to your tv with the HDMI slot.
- Visit Chromecast.com/setup if it’s your first time setting up your Chromecast
- Once set up, click the ‘’ broadcast’’ button on your laptop or phone in the Chrome browser. Now, Netflix will automatically start playing on your TV.
How to stream Netflix from Roku to a TV?
Roku is much like a cheaper Apple TV version because it also comes with a remote.
It’s simple, userfriendly and not hard to set up. With a Roku device, you can stream anything from Netflix, HBO, Amazon, YouTube to regular tv channels.
- Make a free Roku account on their website if you already don’t have one.
- Connect your Roku device to your TV with the HDMI slot.
- Make sure you select the correct HDMI channel on your TV. I could be HDMI 1, 2 or 3 and also could take a moment before showing.
- Then connect your Roku device via the tv with your Wifi so that it can stream Netflix.
- Follow the other steps on your TV and enjoy your Netflix binge session.
Can you stream Netflix from laptop to TV with different ways?
Today we talked over all the different ways and all the things you can buy to make your Netflix-watching life a lot easier. If you don’t enjoy wires, there are a lot of different wireless options like Apple-TV, Chromecast or Roku.
All different scenarios you can think of, we’ve made a step by step plan for in this article.
The Chromecast option is one of the cheaper options when compared to Apple’s TV and Roku.
Apple-TV is the best option for you if you already use other Apple products. The synchronization is just so smooth that you’ll find it better for your preferences.
That way, you can also stream other content from your iPhone to the TV such as photos and videos.
Roku is a less known option but still very interesting. With Roku, you can also buy other add-ons for a cheap combo deal. In this way, Roku offers more personalization options.
Don’t forget you can still use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to the TV to stream Netflix. This approach is the most simple and requires little to no money.
And last but not least, you can buy a smart TV. We didn’t cover these steps in the article, but they’re self-explanatory. Just turn your TV on, click on ‘’ Netflix’’ and start watching. Some new smart TVs even come with a remote that has a Netflix button.