It might be a scary situation to be in whether your laptop has been stolen or you have just lost it. After all, our personal lives are often stored on our laptops. How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software?
They save important data, including our bank account numbers and financial details. Additionally, they have more sentimental items preserved in them, such as images of loved ones we will never be able to retrieve or unfinished books. Fortunately, there are several ways to locate a lost or stolen device.
Regardless of your situation, there is almost certainly a way to track each method because they are all different. But bear in mind that you must start using both of these strategies before such an accident occurs.
Microsoft & Apple both have added some features to their operating systems, which make it possible to find stolen or missing laptops. However, if somehow you forgot to set them up before the theft happened, we could guide you to track a stolen laptop without tracking software even after it has been stolen. How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software? here are following information
Use a Reliable Tracking Program
Installing reliable tracking software on the laptop before it is lost or stolen is the most efficient, albeit occasionally pricey, technique to assist you in finding your lost or stolen laptop.
I won’t discuss iCloud or even Android Device Manager because they are too niche and don’t
If something unhappening happens to you and your precious Laptop is stolen in the arms of a brutal scumbag, you don’t have to give up all hope about finding it once more. Admittedly, something is against you, but with the following tips, you might just have a chance to right this egregious wrong.
Microsoft & Apple both have added some features to their operating systems, which make it possible. However, if somehow you forgot to set them up before the theft happened, we could guide you to How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software even after it has been stolen.
How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software?
Well, I have some of the ideas below that could help you find your missing device; I would highly recommend that you involve the police in this matter rather than just handling the thief yourself.
Some locations provided by tracking services will be approximately good, so you’re unlikely to know which exact door to pound upon.
Moreover, there’s the fact that the thieves have already proven they’re not precisely adherents to the law, so you can’t be sure about what they’ll do if challenged.
If your laptop is stolen or lost, we have a few ways to find out where it might be by using Windows 10, 8, MAC OS, Gmail, or Dropbox by tracking the company’s website serial number.
Windows laptop 10 Creators Update back in November 2015, and Microsoft introduced the feature Find My Device.
1. How can you use find my device in Windows?
As the name suggests, How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software ? it is a helpful way to track down the approximate location of your stolen desktop computer or stolen Laptops. It is turned off by default.
But if luckily, you enabled the feature before your Laptop was stolen, then you’ll be able to take a quick couple of steps to help in its recovery features. People who were unfamiliar with the service. They will be supported by a readout on how to turn on Windows 10’s Find My Device feature guide.
- To track the Laptop, go to account.microsoft.com/devices and log in with a personal Microsoft account.
- Here, you will find a complete list of your login devices. To locate one of your stolen windows laptops click on the Find my device icon that is located under the device name.
- Now Microsoft will search for the Laptop and let you know, roughly, where it is, so long as it’s online.
- It has the option to secure the machine remotely, too, by clicking the Lock button.
2. How can use find you my MAC device? How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software?
Did you lose your Mac or suspect it’s been stolen? Find it and lock it with Find My Mac! Find My Mac is the best feature to find your stolen Laptop and protect your lost Mac. How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software?
All you need is your Apple account, another Laptop, or your Mac, and you’ll be able to locate your Mac device, lock it, or erase all of its data. Following is the method for how to set up and use Find My Mac to find the device.
How to enable the Find my Mac?
You can locate your Mac using Find My Mac on the web. You have to set up Find My Mac before your Mac goes miss; otherwise, it’s useless.
First of all, you have to make sure that your Location Services are enabled.
- After that, click the Apple menu button that is located on the top left of your screen.
- Click on the System Preferences.
- Click on the Security & Privacy icon.
- Then, click on the lock icon and type in the administrator’s password to make changes.
- Do not forget to confirm that the checkbox next to Enable Location Services is checked.
- After that, enable me, to find My Mac on apple devices.
- Now, click on the Apple menu button that is located on the top left of the screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click on iCloud.
- Now, click the checkbox located just next to Find My Mac to enable it.
- Finally, click the Allow icon.
Next, when you sign in to iCloud.com on another laptop or use the Find Mac on your Mac, you will be able to find and erase your lost or stolen Mac device. Just make sure you sign in with your Apple ID that’s in use on your missing Mac.
Lock your Mac by using find my Mac:
If you’re pretty sure you have just lost your Mac, and it has been stolen, but you want to make sure no one tries to access your content, you can lock that device. Moreover, if you close your Mac remotely, you can’t erase it.
- First, move to iCloud.com.
- Then, enter your Apple ID and password and click on the sign-in icon with a stable internet connection.
- Ensure that if you are going to find your Mac missing laptop, then sign in using that same Apple ID that you usually use on your Mac.
- Click Find Mac.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Then click on the Sign In icon.
- Click the All Devices icon located at the top of the page.
- Click your Mac in the list of devices.
- Then, click the Lock icon in the pop-up.
- Finally, click the Lock icon to confirm.
It is imperative to remember that you cannot erase it at all once you lock your Mac.
3. Track your stolen Laptop by using Gmail and Dropbox: (How to track a stolen laptop without tracking software?)
Many people are unaware of the fact that some well-known apps and services, such as Gmail and Dropbox, make it feasible to trace the IP address of your device. For those of you who are unfamiliar with technical jargon, an IP address is similar to your online address. Your internet equipment has a distinctive indicator that can be found and tracked.
Finding all of the potential IP addresses your lost or stolen laptop may visit is the easiest approach to tracking serial numbers down. Simply check the most recent login sessions in the settings of your favorite, most used websites from another laptop or device to keep track of these sessions.
If your laptop was stolen or lost, then you can also use the services like Dropbox or Gmail to find the laptop IP address of your lost device. When you log into these services from any Laptop, it logs the IP address used and displays your last-used IP in your account.
For Gmail users:
In Gmail, it is in the bottom right-hand corner under the details of each Laptop. By using the Gmail account, you can simply track the IP address of your lost Laptop.
For Dropbox users:
In Dropbox, it is in Settings and Security under the details of each individual Laptop. By using the Dropbox account, you can simply track the IP address of your lost Laptop.
- If the thief used your Laptop, the last logged IP address might be theirs instead of yours.
- Although, if they are smart, they didn’t use your Laptop, and this trick won’t work.
- Knowing their IP only gets you so far.
- You still had to file a police report, and send a subpoena to that IP address’ internet provider.
The hardest aspect of losing a laptop is when all of your crucial data is either unrecoverable or, worse, gets into the wrong hands, putting you and your business at risk of lawsuits and financial loss. Try some of the free encryption software available; while it may not be the greatest, it at least keeps your data private for a while if using these services seems expensive.
Now you have detailed knowledge to track a stolen laptop without tracking software. We have had readers email us with success stories using this method, but they are few and far between. Whatever you do, don’t try to track the thief down by yourself and to get your gear back. It can lead to trouble for you.
If you have any queries related to this topic or something else, just post your reply below. It will be our great pleasure to assist you.
Good Luck & Keep Visiting – LaptopsChamp