Laptop fan making grinding noise?
Laptops are the best choice for instant work done with super speed. People like to use laptops instead of tablets or desktops. An easy and comfortable Gadget for every generation, however, it’s a bit costly. When we talk about laptops and their fast processing, we resulted in overheating of the fan which makes grinding noise while using a laptop. To circulate more air or dissipate heat its fan sounds like a drone even in expensive machinery.
How to fix it?
When you use laptops on the bed or soft furnishings it gets hot and you will experience heat buildup. Let’s find out the ways to reduce the fan noise of the laptop.
The activity monitor will isolate and kill unwanted processes by checking system information that is running in the background or using the laptop’s battery. This will prevent your system to start unwanted processing which causes heat up when the computer boots. It is designed for Mac users, whereas Windows users can use Task Manager.
Reset System Management Controller
For Mac users, if encounter constant fan noise they should reset the system management controller (SMC). The reboot will remove the unwanted bulk files. They can also reset the PRAM or NVRAM for windows users.
Cooler for Laptops
How to reduce laptop fan noise solved by laptopschamp 2019
An easier and cheap way to fix this problem is to use a cooling pad which is essential to keep cool your laptop. Laptop coolers are innocuous-looking plates with fans in the base, helping to maximize the available airflow with obviously no noise.
They are covered in LED with variable wind speed sensors and in-built USB hubs. The cooling pad is really helpful for 3D game players who use to spend more time on gaming laptops.
You have to pay more for a cooling pad from a popular brand but less for non-branded. I am using Havit HV-F2056 laptop cooling pad for my own laptop that I bought from Amazon.
This article may include references and links to products and services from one or more of our advertisers. We may be paid compensation when you click on links to those products and/or services. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
- [Ultra-portable]: slim, portable, and light weight allowing you to protect your investment wherever you go
- [Ergonomic comfort]: doubles as an ergonomic stand with two adjustable Height settings
- [Optimized for laptop carrying]: the high-quality multi-directional metal mesh provides your laptop with a wear-resisting and stable laptop carrying surface.
- [Ultra-quiet fans]: three ultra-quiet fans create a noise-free environment for you
- [Extra USB ports]: extra USB port and Power switch design. Built-in dual-USB hub allows for connecting more USB devices.Warm tips: The packaged Cable is USB to USB connection. Type C Connection devices need to prepare an Type C to USB adapter.
Cleaning the laptop fan
If your laptop fan making a grinding noise, it means a fan is covered with dust and reduces airflow. So, physical cleanness is necessary sometimes to work better and avoid heat-ups.
Laptop fan making a grinding noise
You can use a soft small brush to remove dust and dirt from the fan. It is better to use a proper multi-function dust cleaning soft brush. You can buy it from Amazon at a cheap price. Use a professional screw kit to detach the laptop fan and check dirt and dust underneath because it can jam the heat sink or air vents.
- ☞ Material: durable hard metal and ABC plastic,certified and durable material, Network Tool Repair Kit ensures reliability and long lasting performance, which helps to find out the problems and keep the network running smoothly.Weight: 1.75(kg) / 3.85Ibs,Material: Carbon Steel, Size: 12 * 9.6 * 2.1inches(39.5 * 23.5 * 5.4cm).
- ☞ Portable Design: Comes in a portable zippered bag with types of professional network tools , Network Tool Repair Kit can carry easily and use them for various places, such as home, office, repair store or other daily spaces. Meanwhile, Equipped with A zippered nylon bag for convenient to store and organize all the repair tools in order.
- ☞ The product relates to a multifunctional wire stripping/crimping tool device,and the auxiliary screwdriver and the pull wire function can be carried out. Ergonomically designed to save up at least 50% energy when crimping. Comfortable grip, insulated handle, automatic release mechanism. High durability, easy to use. Strips and terminates RJ11/12 and RJ45 extended copper wires with a precision die head that provides 360 degrees of connector support during the crimping cycle.
- ☞ Multi - Function: Suitable for testing network cables&telephone lines, computer maintenance and repair, stripping network cable, making Ethernet connector, disassembling computers, printers and other home appliances.Expanded surface area on contact drivers delivers full uniform crimp force for fast, accurate crimping.
- ☞ Effects Include: cable replacement, inspection, terminal wire, wire stripping, shear line, circuit inspection products such as. High leverage and stability for your wiring connections Whether you need to upgrade your network or make fast repairs.
After removing the dirt and dust from the laptop fan, reattach the parts as you removed them.
|Caution: if you are using compressed air for cleaning, don’t get too close to the nozzle. Also, be sure the blades are not moving.|
Fix it by using software
Most laptops allow third-party software to control fan speed, there are some apps that gain access to system information like SpeedFan. This app helps you to control the volume of the laptop to reduce heat-ups at the cost of airflow by knowing fan speed. This is the best source of reducing grinding fan noise on laptops.
I have completely explained the methods to know how to reduce fan noise on a laptop. If these don’t work out and still your laptop fan is making grinding noise then be sure the fans are working or not. Take your laptop to any vendor to check its motherboard to fix issues. It is better to replace your machine if it cost you much to buy a new one.
If you found this article useful, leave your feedback below in the comment box. You can send us any questions related to the laptop problem that you are facing. We will be happy to assist you, and our editors will post a detailed solution on LaptopsChamp for you.
Best of Luck!