A computer or a laptop is no longer a fad but a necessity. Depending on your needs, you will choose one or the other.
The guide below will help you in the difficult operation of purchasing the best laptops under $1500. A state-of-the-art laptop is one of the few devices that gives you a balance between portability, performance, and power, being ideal for movies, games, or internet access.
With the help of the information to be presented in this guide, you can start the search that will bring you one step closer to the best laptop.
Best Laptops under $1500
Image Title Price Prime Buy
Top Acer Aspire 7 Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, A715-75G-544V PrimeEligible Buy Now
Top ASUS Vivobook K571 Laptop, 15.6” FHD, Intel Core i7-9750H CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, 256GB PCIe Nvme SSD + 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, K571GT-EB76, Star Black PrimeEligible Buy Now
Top MSI Prestige 14 A10SC-230 14" UHD 4k Ultra Thin and Light Professional Laptop Intel Core i7-10510U GTX1650 MAX-Q 16GB DDR4 512GB NVMe SSD Win10Pro TB3, White PrimeEligible Buy Now
Top Huawei Matebook D14 Laptop - 14'' FHD Screen with 4.8mm bezels, AMD Ryzen5 3500U with Radeon Vega 8, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB NVME SSD Windows 10 International Version No Warranty Prime Buy Now
Top HP Spectre x360-13t Quad Core(8th Gen Intel i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, IPS micro-edge Touchscreen Corning Gorilla, Win 10 Ink)Bang&Olufsen 13.3" 2-in-1 Convertible Stylus - Silver Prime Buy Now
Top Samsung Notebook 9 Pro NP940X5N-X01US 15" FHD 2-in-1 Touch Screen Laptop, 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7-8550U Up To 4GHz, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10, Built-in S Pen, Titan Silver Prime Buy Now Dell XPS 13 9380 13.3'' FHD 1920x1080 Intel Core i7-8565U 16GB RAM 512GB PCIe SSD W10 PRO with Fingerprint Reader PrimeEligible Buy Now
Top Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, Vega 8 Graphics, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, A515-43-R5RE, Silver PrimeEligible Buy Now
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
|Top Top||Acer Aspire 7 Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, A715-75G-544V||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top Top||ASUS Vivobook K571 Laptop, 15.6” FHD, Intel Core i7-9750H CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, 256GB PCIe Nvme SSD + 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, K571GT-EB76, Star Black||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top Top||MSI Prestige 14 A10SC-230 14" UHD 4k Ultra Thin and Light Professional Laptop Intel Core i7-10510U GTX1650 MAX-Q 16GB DDR4 512GB NVMe SSD Win10Pro TB3, White||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Huawei Matebook D14 Laptop - 14'' FHD Screen with 4.8mm bezels, AMD Ryzen5 3500U with Radeon Vega 8, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB NVME SSD Windows 10 International Version No Warranty||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||HP Spectre x360-13t Quad Core(8th Gen Intel i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, IPS micro-edge Touchscreen Corning Gorilla, Win 10 Ink)Bang&Olufsen 13.3" 2-in-1 Convertible Stylus - Silver||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Samsung Notebook 9 Pro NP940X5N-X01US 15" FHD 2-in-1 Touch Screen Laptop, 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7-8550U Up To 4GHz, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10, Built-in S Pen, Titan Silver||Prime||Buy Now|
|Dell XPS 13 9380 13.3'' FHD 1920x1080 Intel Core i7-8565U 16GB RAM 512GB PCIe SSD W10 PRO with Fingerprint Reader||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, Vega 8 Graphics, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, A515-43-R5RE, Silver||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
1. Acer Aspire 7
If you are on a low budget and want something powerful and attractive, the Acer Aspire 7 may indeed be the best laptops under $1500. The processor on this laptop is AMD. AMD is famous for making equipment that is user friendly and powerful.
The graphics card included in the mid-range GTX 1650 will solidify its performance and provide a smooth experience when playing or running engineering applications. It also comes with a lighted keyboard to help you work in dark environments.
- Strong, cost-effective processor
- GPU based on Turing architecture
- Comfortable using the keyboard.
- Decent battery life
- Heat is trapped inside the device, making it sometimes warm.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Up to 4.1GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: 802. 11ac Wi-Fi featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2. 4GHz and 5GHz) | LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
2. ASUS VivoBook K571
Making our list, the Asus Vivobook can be considered the best laptops under $1500. The device has two storage devices; An SSD for quick boot and an HDD for storing data on it.
An ultra-powerful processor is an excellent option for running heavy, resource-consuming engineering programs without hitting any rocks on the road. It is safe to say that the Asus VivoBook means serious business.
The amount of RAM paired with the device is 16 GB, which allows the user to run and operate several programs simultaneously.
This will enable you to play cutting edge games or run your programs without worrying about performance issues. The FHD + resolution shows a sharp picture of everything and allows you to enjoy an intense and vivid image.
The only negative aspect of this device is that its energy-consuming equipment does not come with a battery large enough to meet your needs for a long time. The battery will die within the first 5 hours of use.
- Fast and efficient processor.
- Supports dual storage
- A good keyboard
- Medium range GPU
- Below-average battery life.
- 15.6 inches 120Hz Nano edge full HD display
- Powerful Intel Core i7-9750h processor (12M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 with Windows 10 Home
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD,1TB HDD
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Wi-Fi 5/802.11AC Wi-Fi (USB transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
- System_ram_type: ddr4_sdram. Bluetooth 5.0
- Connectivity_technology: Bluetooth ; Ethernet ;HDMI ;USB ; Wi-Fi
3.MSI Prestige 14
Obviously, engineering applications need many resources, and it only makes sense to let a powerful device handle this situation.
This mini workstation is an excellent option as one of the best laptops under $1500. It comes prepared for the future and has a powerful processor. It also comes with a mid-range GPU to support the processor in heavy tasks.
The screen used is ideal and will give an aesthetic feeling when used. This happens to be one of the thinnest laptops ever created, so it looks great and is also a great option if you are going to travel a lot. All in all, these may be the best laptops under $1500.
- The included 10th-generation processor outperforms all other options.
- Elegant and beautiful design.
- Included support for Wi-Fi 6
- Long battery life
- The GPU comes with support for Max-Q
- 14 UHD (3840*2160), 4K Thin Bezel, Adobe 100% NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 (Max-Q) 4G GDDR5
- Core i7-10510U 1. 8 - 4. 9GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2*2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (16G*1) LPDDR3 2133MHz On board
- Thunderbolt 3*2 USB 2. 0 *2 White backlight keyboard (84 Key) 720p HD Webcam
- Win 10 PRO Speakers 2W * 2 3 cell (50Whr) Li-Polymer 90W Compact
4. Huawei Matebook D14
With a 14-inch display, this ultraportable for students is the most affordable model in this category. The quality of the construction is exceptional, and the battery is also enviable.
It also comes with two standard USB ports, along with a USB-C used for charging, and is ideal for classes or projects. It’s a light, fast notebook, and the AMD Ryzen 5 processor is similar in performance to an Intel Core i5. Another thing worth mentioning is that Matebook D14 comes with Windows 10 operating system preinstalled.
- Premium case
- Admirable battery life
- Relatively reasonable
- Premium flagship features
- Bad viewing angles
- The screen could be better
- Full view touch Display: IPS display, Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD) 14-inch FHD screen with 4.8mm bezels Anti-glare, glossy display” , Screen-to-body ratio of 84, thickness of 15.9mm contrast ratio, Aesthetic design very portable and easy to use, As small and powerful as your phone charger, Automatically carry on where you left off, Drag files/images/text between your virtual phone and laptop ,Use the mouse to operate your phone ,Handle phone and laptop messages from your laptop.
- Light and thin laptop with long battery life: New generation AMD CPU & GPU with Battery life up to nearly 10 hours powered with Type-C charger & fast charging 56 Wh gives you Long Battery Life. Having a weight of just 1.38 kg & Shark Fin 2.0 heat dissipation. Huaweis full view display and continues the Huawei tradition of lightweight and streamlined laptops with minimal bezels. With a greatly enhanced CPU efficiency, the laptop is perfect for a variety of complex office scenarios.
- Powerful performance: AMD Ryzen5 3500U, with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, also having powerful Wi-Fi 2x2 MIMO, new Gen Intel Processor boosts performance.
- Innovative cooling design: Huawei Shark Fin 2.0 fan with S-shaped blades cooling solution also with low computer noise, Automatically protects against overheating, revolutions per minute and increases airflow, Huawei Multi-Screen Collaboration, Fingerprint login, One-touch login & startup, Recessed Camera, TÜV Rheinland Certified, Protects your eyes by reducing blue light. International Model, No Warranty.
5. HP Spectre X30
When you are considering buying the best laptops under $1500, the HP Spectre x360 is the right choice. It has all the features of the main engine and is available in dark ash silver color. This laptop is one of the best laptops for engineering students and one of the brand’s latest models.
Also, the HP Specter x360 has two distinct versions; a 13-inch and a 15-inch version, but as a Mechanical Engineering student, the 13-inch version is an excellent choice for you.
Interestingly, this laptop has unique features that differentiate it from other laptops. Some of the virtues include; excellent viewing angles of the screen, HP Pen, and very high battery capacity. So the only downside about this laptop is that the trackpad is quite average and not portable or lightweight to carry around.
- Active pen
- Decent battery life
- Amazing performance
- Strong build quality
- Average trackpad
- Dim screen
- NEWEST 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel UHD Graphics 620 (16 GB), Windows 10 Home 64 - Natural Silver Color
- 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard), HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone, Webcam supports Windows Hello
- 13.3 diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT (1920 x 1080), HP Active Stylus
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, Quad speakers, HP Audio Boost, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 headphone/microphone combo, Accelerometer; Gyroscope; eCompass
6. Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is the right choice. It’s a reliable laptop that’s fast, quiet, and has a clear display and good specs. While this is not the latest Samsung product, it can do your job. It can also pay attention to your video editing, Photoshop projects, and even simulations and coding.
One exciting feature of this best laptops under $1500 is that it can handle any engineering software program regardless of which area is a rare feature.
Speaking of the keyboard, when you see the keyboard of this device, you will think Apple made it. It has excellent and useful backlighting and can give you a good typing experience. The only downside is that it has an old-fashioned graphics card. But never worry, it can give you good service.
- Great design
- Decent battery life
- Bright display
- Affordable price
- The S Pen
- Impressive performance
- 4k screen option absent
- Shallow keyboard
- Brilliant Full HD 15” 1080p TOUCHSCREEN for hands-on control with 360-degree flip-and-fold ROTATING display
- Latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U Processor 1.8GHz base up to 4.00 GHz with TURBO BOOST
- 16GB DDR4 memory; 256GB SSD; AMD Radeon 540 graphics card with 2GB dedicated memory
- Built-in S Pen; HD Webcam; 1x USB Type-C; 2x USB 3.0; HDMI; MicroSD, TPM security
- Backlit Keyboard; 802.11ac (2x2) B, A, G, and N supported, Bluetooth v4.1
7. Dell XPS 9370
The Dell XPS 9370 is incorporated into this device as one of the best laptops under $1500. It has top-notch features that can handle almost any software that might work for you in college.
This laptop has the heart of a Ryzen 5 along with 16 GB of RAM, which is more than enough to handle your daily tasks. Moreover, it comes with a fingerprint scanner that gives you an extra layer of security.
The only challenge you will have with this laptop is graphics. It has Intel HD 620 graphics that are not so good, and they may not be able to handle graphic simulations.
- Efficient Keyboard
- Great Design
- Good Performance
- Beautiful display
- Noisy sometimes
- Average battery life
- 13.3 FHD (1920x1080) InfinityEdge Wide Viewing Angle (WVA) Display
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U (Quad-Core, 8M Cache, 1.80GHz base speed, Max speed with Turbo Boost is 4.60GHz)
- 16GB RAM; 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe State Solid Drive (SSD)
- Windows 10 Professional
- Fingerprint Reader
8. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
This Acer laptop got a business look in a silver finish chassis with an aluminum top cover so that you can use this notebook in your college, at your workplace, etc.
Also, it has 256GB of SSD driver, and this level of storage may not be enough for you. But the SSD is more potent than the standard HDD driver and improves the laptop’s overall performance.
- Elegant Design
- Ample Memory
- Speedy processor
- Decent Battery life
- Works quietly
- Amazing display
- Average Wi-Fi Performance
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Quad-core processor (Up to 3.7GHz) | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15 6 Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display | AMD Radeon Vega 8 mobile graphics
- 1 - USB 3 1 Gen 1 port 2 - USB 2 0 ports & 1 - HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802 11AC Wi-Fi | Backlit keyboard | Up to 7 5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 Home
- System RAM type: DDR4 SDRAM
Cheap laptops are not necessarily without performance, but they always involve a compromise. This compromise can be with the processor, storage technology, RAM, or video card.
The best laptops under $1500 for movies and offices will run YouTube, Microsoft Office, and many other online or installed applications.
However, it will not do it as fast as an Ultrabook laptop. The most significant performance plus in the case of such a budget laptop is an SSD.