Complete List: 9 best gaming laptop under $2000
This article may include references and links to products and services from one or more of our advertisers. We may be paid compensation when you click on links to those products and/or services. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
|Alienware m15 R3 Gaming Laptop: Core i7-10750H, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, 15.6" Full HD 300Hz Display, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 15.6" Full HD IPS 144Hz Display, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Waves MaxxAudio, Backlit Keyboard, AN515-54-728C||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-73L3 Gaming Laptop, Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super, 15.6" FHD NVIDIA G-SYNC Display, 300Hz, 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4 with Gaming Headset||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2020) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 240Hz IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super, Intel Core i7-10875H, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, Per-Key RGB KB, Windows 10, G532LWS-DS76||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop 2020: Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 15.6" FHD 1080p 144Hz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, CNC Aluminum, Chroma RGB Lighting, Thunderbolt 3, Black||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|MSI GS66 Stealth 10SE-442 15.6" 240Hz 3ms Ultra Thin and Light Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-10875H RTX2060 16GB 512GB NVMe SSD Win10PRO VR Ready||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Full HD 144HZ Gaming Laptop, Core i7-10750H, RGB Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, HDMI Output, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics, Windows 10, Gray (16GB RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD)||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, RGB Keyboard, PH315-53-72XD||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Dell G5 15 5590 15.6" Gaming Laptop Computer - Black Intel Core i7-9750H Processor 2.6GHz; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 512GB Solid State Drive||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Buying the best gaming laptop under $2000 is no longer such a big challenge. Thanks to smaller processors and lighter hardware, you can now buy a real rocket in the form of a laptop, which will optimize the gaming experience without putting the hardware together.
Laptops have become more portable and more powerful than ever before. The device you are buying must be equipped with the latest hardware. In our selection of laptops, you will find the best gaming laptops under $2000,
1. Alienware M15
For the title of the best gaming laptop under $2000 for all games, we took into account the reference results and overall performance of the games and how long the laptop with a single charge lasts.
The 15.6-inch Full HD screen of this Alienware laptop with a refresh rate of 144Hz and an anti-glare screen is truly a delight. This Alienware laptop’s keyboard is also the most comfortable of many laptops, although it does not provide backlighting. The relative ease of typing makes it feel less like gaming, and more like a work laptop.
This Alienware laptop M15 is not too expensive. It starts at $ 2,000 for the most straightforward setup.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics Card 8GB
- 15.6 Full HD 300Hz 3ms 300-nits 100% sRGB Color Gamut Display
- 512GB Solid State Drive, 16GB DDR4 RAM
- RGB per-key backlit keyboard, Killer Wifi AX, Bluetooth, Windows 10
2. Acer Nitro 7
Acer Nitro 7 is an excellent sample of that you can buy the best gaming laptop under $2000 and at the same time equip yourself with hardware that will support your favorite games.
It offers a 15.6-inch Full HD screen with a refresh rate of 144Hz, which means that the games are as good as our extreme choice. Although it was not a performer on the benchmark results, it was still quite capable of maintaining high refresh rates in games such as Metro 2033 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. It has impeccable battery life.
Perhaps the only problem with the Nitro 7 is the same problem that haunts other gaming laptops. The lack of physical buttons on the trackpad makes it challenging to play some games without an additional mouse.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.5 GHz)
- 15.6 Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display | 144 hertz refresh rate | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory | 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 slots - 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available hard drive bay
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax
- Backlit keyboard | Acer CoolBoost technology with twin fans and dual exhaust ports
3. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-73L3
Not suitable for all budgets, the ACER Notebook Triton 500 PT515-52-74VM is the best gaming laptop under $2000. It is ideal for gamers who demand the most from their laptops and want to have top-notch performance in all conditions.
This notebook is equipped with Hyperthreading that provides two processing processes for each physical core. This feature makes Intel processors also suitable for multithreading and applications that allow you to use multiple processing processes simultaneously, such as some business applications. A great processor for gaming that guarantees the absence of bottlenecks in the game.
The video card is an excellent Nvidia 2070 Super, a video card that allows you to play with full details and excellent framerate yields in any game, apart from games that support ray tracing that always require many resources video card.
This video card and processor combination will allow us to play with over 100 FPS in all the most popular online multiplayer games with full details. With other information, we can easily pass the 144 Hz offered by our Monitor.
The Monitor of this ACER Notebook Triton 500 offers a refresh rate of 144H z, which allows us to experience a game that is always fluid and suitable for online competitions. As with many other models in this guide, the panel is IPS and the response time is 4ms.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 overclock Graphics with Max-Q design & 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 DRAM
- 15.6 Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit IPS 144Hz refresh rate display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 3-Fan cooling with one 4th Gen All-Metal Aero Blade 3D and 5 copper heat pipes | VR Ready | customizable RGB KB | LAN: Killer Gaming Network E3000 | wireless: Killer Double shot Pro Wireless-AC 1550 802.11AC
4. ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15
And here we are at the best gaming laptop under $2000, the ASUS Rog Strix G532LWS-AZ085T. This laptop is designed for the most competitive players with first-choice hardware. With a monitor that reaches 240Hz, it is the ideal companion for those who want the best during online competitions, perhaps without exaggerating the graphic details.
The ASUS Rog Strix G532LWS-AZ085T has a tenth-generation processor, the Intel Core i7-10875H the more powerful version than the one seen in the ACER now it doesn’t make much difference in the game about 4 / 5 FPS.
The video card is once again the 8GB Nvidia 2070 Super, an excellent gaming video card that allows you to play any game in great detail without exaggerating with ray tracing or too heavy games.
One of the strengths of this laptop is undoubtedly the 240Hz Monitor. Such a high refresh rate is difficult to exploit with a 2070 Super and to do so. You will have to give up some of the game’s quality. This situation only applies to those who want to have maximum performance, and this laptop can give them to you, only not at the full graphic detail in play.
To conclude, we also have an excellent keyboard and even a screen which, in addition to being fast, is also of high quality and able to reproduce images very faithfully.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost (Base: 1140MHz, Boost: 1380MHz, TDP: 115W)
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H Processor
- 240Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- ROG Aura Sync System with RGB Keyboard, Logo, and Light Bar
- Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 with RangeBoost & Bluetooth 5.0 | ROG Keystone II | ROG Easy Upgrade Design
- Bundle: Get 30 days of Xbox Game Pass for PC with purchase
5. Razer Blade 15
All in all, the 15-inch Razer Blade is still our favorite all-around performance, ultra-portable at the moment, but it’s also among the most expensive, and that alone can deter some of you.
In a nutshell, however, the Razer demands a premium for excellent all-aluminum construction, clean and straightforward aesthetics, a fast and customizable keyboard with RGB backlight per key, a complete IO with Thunderbolt 3 support, a quick matte 300 Hz screen, consistent performance, and good durability batteries.
Compared to the competition, Blade has an advantage in design and overall build quality. It is also one of the few games with amplified sound and one that simultaneously offers Thunderbolt 3, a finger sensor, and an IR camera. On top of all that, Razer’s control software is one of the better ones on the market, allowing for easy lighting adjustment and juggling with performance, thermal settings, and fan settings.
Performance is another critical selling point of the Blade, although some other options have surpassed it, especially the ROG Zephyrus S15. This class’s possibilities are similar and complement the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super chip and Intel 8Core processors in terms of hardware. However, the difference is in the thermal design and power profiles, which affect overall performance on demanding loads and games and thermals and noise levels.
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores.
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games.
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6 full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78 thin.
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make it yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours.
6. MSI GS66 Stealth Thin
MSI has gone the same way with this product as Gigabyte, offering multiple configurations in the same premium chassis, but somewhat sacrificing raw performance. That’s why the GS66 isn’t necessarily the ideal ultra-portable gaming, as it loses the competition and runs pretty hot. However, it could be the best gaming laptop under $2000 for productivity in lower configurations.
Clean design lines, a fast keyboard, a good IO, and a massive 99 Wh battery housed inside a premium aluminum case recommend it for business and work environments.
- 15.6 FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 240Hz 3ms | NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6G GDDR6 VR Ready
- Intel Core i7-10875H 2.3 - 5.1GHz | Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2*2 ax)
- 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 3200MHz | 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB | 512GB NVMe SSD
- USB 3.2 Gen2 *3 | Thunderbolt 3*1 PD charge ; USB-C USB3.2 *1
- Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key (84 Key) | Silky Glass Touchpad | Dynaudio Speakers 2W*2
7. Zephyrus M15
In terms of hardware, the Zephyrus M15 only gets GTX 1660Ti, RTX 2060, and RTX 2070 Super graphics, and is primarily available in the former variant in most regions. It also rejects the AAS cooling system available on the S15 and the dual GSync / Optimus mode. However, it retains the complex thermal module and power profiles implemented on the premium S15 option.
As a result, as explained in the review, this Zephyrus M is one of the most successful laptops weighing less than 2 pounds on the market and has better-balanced options. Asus is aware of what they got here, so this laptop charges a pretty high price compared to other appropriate configurations on the market, but I would expect the price to drop in the coming months.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H Mobile Processor (Powerful 6-core, twelve-way processing performance), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics (Backed by 6GB GDDR6), Windows 10 Operating System,
- 15.6 Full HD Display (1920 x 1080), Full HD Widescreen LED Display,Improved Portability (Weighs 4.43 lbs. and measures 0.8 thin)
- 16GB System Memory, 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive (SSD)
- RGB Backlit Keyboard, Air Cooling System, Bluetooth, Stereo Speakers, 4-cell Lithium-ion Battery (Up to 6 hours)
- 3 x USB 3.0 Type A Ports, 1 x HDMI Output, Headphone Jack, Ethernet Lan (10/100/1000 mbps), No DVD/CD drive
8. Acer Predator Helios 300
The Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-748U is a high-quality and best gaming laptop under $2000 that used to be even more expensive, and its price has decreased (yes, the price below is “decreased”). It is capable of running any current game in great graphics settings.
In addition to the incredible specifications, the notebook has a new and more advanced type of fan. Moreover, it has an application dedicated to controlling their performance. Also, it has support for Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots | 1 Slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6 | LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | DTS X: Ultra Audio | 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
9. Dell G5 15 5590
Alienware Area-51m is perhaps the best gaming laptop under $2000 and probably the most expensive too. Dell G5 5590 instead costs less and still allows you to play with more than acceptable performance.
The G5 does not have high-end specs, but it does allow 1080p gaming on the native screen, and the battery lasts for up to 10 hours if needed, which is interesting for a gaming notebook. It also has a superior design and exists in different configurations, suitable for all budgets.
- UPC: 884116315797
- Weight: 6.270 lbs
Over the last two years, gaming laptops have undergone a significant performance change, made possible by Nvidia’s latest line of graphics cards and the 10th GTX Series, which has allowed gaming laptops to compete on desktop performance while meeting budget. Above all are the best gaming laptops under $2000.